Countries within the Schengen district require the same general requirements for short stay visa for Philippine passport holders which are:
Private Visit (Friend/Boyfriend/Girlfriend):
- Passport sized photo with white background
- Original Passport
- Proof of relationship (photos together; CENOMAR)
- Photocopy of the passport of your sponsor
- VU2 form- your sponsor needs to fill this out and submit it online, you need to get the Invitation ID and attach it to your application.
- Proof of income of the applicant (only if the sponsor will not financially support you)
- Round trip airline reservation -you may do this without purchasing a flight. You will only pay a certain amount for a flight to be reserved under your name for a specific number of days.
- Photocopy of travel medical insurance – Please make sure that the insurance company is affiliated with the Schengen countries.
In addition to the general requirements, you must provide the following:
- Copy of bank certificates and bank statements
- Day to day itinerary of your trip
- Proof of accommodation
For more specific and updated information, you may visit this website: http://www.vfsglobal.com
You need to set an appointment to submit your visa application.
If everything goes well, you’ll get your visa in less than 2 weeks!
Now here’s another question:
Is having a Schengen visa a guarantee that the Philippine immigration will let you board the plane?
If you have a short stay visa as a tourist, the immigration officer may ask you to present your proof of income/emplyment such as:
- Certificate of Employment
- A letter from your company that your are on leave signed by your immediate supervisor and HR Manager, with company seal as much as possible
- recent payslips and bank statements
- if you are a freelancer, you may need to present recent contracts from your clients
- recent bank statements or Paypal transactions (or any other platform where you receive funds)
If you are visiting a friend/boyfriend/girlfriend, the immigration officer will definitely ask for these documents:
- Affidavit of support with red ribbon- your sponsor should send the original copy to you through
- CFO Certificate – CFO stands for Commission on Filipinos Overseas. You can obtain the CFO certificate by attending a seminar at their office. This is to make sure that you are not going to be a potential victim of human trafficking, or simply to make sure that you are aware of what you are getting into. You may book an appointment to attend the seminar through their website: cfo.gov.ph
- You may still need to present proof of employment or proof of income.
- In some cases, the immigration officer may want to see your photos together with your sponsor, and your conversations.
Always remember to be confident, consistent, and don’t offer too much information that the immigration officer is not asking for. Remember- less talk, less mistake!
Immigration officers may always seem and sound strict, that doesn’t mean that they are not human. They can sense when you are just naturally nervous, or you are really lying. Just be yourself!
I hope this article helped you! 🙌 I would appreciate your comments! 😊
You may reach out to me by sending me an email at email@example.com
Until my next article! 😊